Friday, December 31

2010 Year-ender

New year resolutions are a fancy thing. I'm not really into those kinds of stuff. So let's skip that cliche and just reminisce what made 2010 a year of sugar and spice.

Personally, I see the year 2010 as a great gift, a present. It was a painting of bright colors, a mirage of every good thing that could happen to anyone but me. Luck seem to have stricken me dozens of times, and because of that I fear that it wouldn't hit me much this coming 2011.

It would be a tedious job to list all the blessings He has given me, but I feel quite obliged to share bits and pieces of my 2010 as sign of gratitude to Him.

So, first off.
I was able to travel locally [Davao] and abroad [Amsterdam] to represent my high school. Both travels were liberating, giving me a fresh view of the outside world that I wouldn't have known if not for those off-shores.

I was also guaranteed free college education [as long as I maintain my grade] by De La Salle University. Never did it cross my mind that I'd study in DLSU, given the stature it has of teaching the financially capable, the upper echelon. My mind was set to enter the University of the Philippines-Manila and cry UP Naming Mahal that was why I was amazed being inside the gallant gates and towering structures of La Salle.

My friends and I were bound even tighter, despite the difference in Alma Mater. Papa also joined us for Christmas [and is joining our 2011 New Year Celebration], a once in a blue moon occassion for our family. He works abroad, so yeah, that explains my jumpiness having him with us last Christmas.

Thanks to Him. Amen.

I hope this 2011 would be a year filled with His love. Just that, and I'll be content and happy.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment