Sunday, December 26

When Blogger become Tumblr

Spring by the River
Netherlands [2010]

Busy Streets, City Lights
Pusan, South Korea [2009]

Camouflage Ain't Good Enough
Quezon City [2010]

Where are the Children?
DLSU-Taft [2010]

Waiting
Lian, Batangas [2010]

I.

I am deeply in love with Photography.

For me, Photography is one prime art that combines classicism and modernism. It encompasses the taste of classic artists, but it also utilizes technology, with the so-called camera as a photographer's conniving ally.

II.

I would not deny the fact that I want a dSLR. Badly. Though in Photography they say it is more of "It's not the arrow, it's the Indian," [translation: It's not the camera, it's the photographer] I still think that great cameras were made for their partner photographers. Don't take me wrong; I have high regard for digital cameras for their handy-ness and the features they offer despite their size. To this date, I am using a digital camera to fill my craving for the art of Photography.

It pains me when some people take their slr/dslr for granted. Cameras are not to be flaunted, rather, to be used as a medium of art. Or am I only imagining this? Oh dear. Perhaps people are not showing off their cameras; perhaps I am the one imaging, dreaming, dazed and drawn to the wonders that slr/dslr brings. My, oh my. When will I have an EOS?

III.

Deep in my heart, there is this bugging something that tells me that everyone has a talent for Photography. However, if everyone had talent in Photography, then perhaps everyone has talent for every known occupation in this world - dancing, singing, basketball, theatre... I suddenly realize that I never had an inclination to Sports (although I badly wanted to engage myself in it). [Running, I believe, is the only sport that I can call mine.] If this is my condition, then perhaps there are people who are not into Photography, even though they are madly in love with the thought of it.

Now, all I hope is that I really have this innate flair with taking pictures. I am at remorse because of what seems to be a physical incapability when it comes to sports, though I am in a revolt and I am trying to fight my predicament. If I was not endowed with a gift when it comes to anything physique, then I might as well take chances on Art and Literature.

No comments:

Post a Comment