Monday, September 6

And Here Goes the Neophyte in Short Stories

Due to the insistent demand of my mentors Ciel De Jesus and Danica Azares, posted in the latter part of this blog is an excerpt from my first ever prose.


When I was a few years younger, I started some two or three novelettes, but I never (yes, never) finished them. Never did I have the drive to finish such a long writing, and perhaps that is the reason why I resorted to being a poet instead of being a writer of stories. Poems are definitely shorter than stories.

Now that I have met in person people whose patience and perseverance in writing is incomparable to mine, I have decided to be inspired and enlightened by their works. Though doubts and disbelief to my capability in writing still linger in my head, I decided to write one short story not only to show forbearance to my resident mentors, but also to prove to myself that somehow, I can do prose.

I am new to this, and I admit that I have yet to learn a lot of things. But worry not about me when giving comments, for your comments are a food for thought; I shall accept them with the whole of my heart, be they of healthy criticism, or of attempted flattery.

____________________________________________________________________

An Act I Will Never Forget

Sometimes, I just can't believe that I've rolled Fate's dice. True enough, it never played
fair and square with anyone.

(Excerpt from Part I; Subpart II)

It was the first rain of June.

My memory of her dancing in the stage was so vivid. I was there, at the back of the auditorium, hiding by the towering doors, afraid of being seen by her. My emotions were mixed, and I did not understand the sensation I was feeling. All I knew was that I adored every movement of her legs, whose strength and grace I never knew, and so were her arms, flailing in the air like a bird adieu. Her long wavy hair was also loosened from its usual ribbon tie, adding to the complexity of her beauty. I was dumbfounded, and all I could do was stare as she radiated a glow that both blinded and attracted me. I never looked away from her, afraid that any moment, I would lose sight of the beauty I was seeing.

~some parts censored~

Then someone held both my arms as if to put me unconscious, and my mouth was covered by a strong fist. I suddenly heard her moan in pain, and before I knew it, I awoke from my dream, my body sweating all over, the mist left by the rain cooling me off.

From then on, there was never a night without a dream of her.

____________________________________________________________________

Too much of an excerpt.

P.S. This part is still subject to revision.

4 comments:

  1. :)) may uncut version ba ito? =)) joke lang -guess who? :> :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hindi ko ipopost >:)

    Joke lang. Yup, may uncute, este, uncut version 'yan. :) Malapit na matapos :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. AAARRRGH!!! MORE MORE MORE :> I think I have a fair idea of the censored part. LOL

    I beg to differ but I declare you are a [most] better writer than I am :) Now, I feel like not posting the other pending stories in my database :)) XD

    Chinne, I feel like borrowing your notebook again XD May I? :>

    ReplyDelete
  4. The censored part was actually quite boring, that's why I removed it.

    I'm not the writer you think of; definitely, you're better than me. :)) But I need not argue about that, because we write not to impress, but to express. We are writers not because we were asked to, but because we wanted to.

    My brown notebook's contents will get posted soon, but I may lend it to you, as you wish :)

    ReplyDelete