Tuesday, September 7

Because Writing is Beyond Impression and Expression

They say that writers write not to impress, but to express.
I say that it was an insufficient statement.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I.

I was brought up to the idea of competition years ago. Being in the cream section of my school before, clamoring over being the best was ordinary. Personally, I did not like the idea of achieving because I needed to. But what could I do? It was an epidemia, an intravenous fluid slowly entering my veins.

I give a great deal in whatever I did, especially if I wanted to be the best in the field that I have chosen. But now that my environment is anew, different perspectives come into view. I have lost drive of pushing hard because I wanted to be the top. Now, I put a lot of effort to things because I see the merriment in the end.

The same thing goes for writing.
Writers are writers, and they do not write for competition.
There is no better writer.

You cannot compare one scribe from another, because whatever twists the world does, there will never be a means of measuring the talent in writing. Grammar and creativity aside, the true essence of writing is the heart of the piece, the ideals that make a writer do a composition.

II.

I think that writers write not only to unconsciously impress people and express their inner thoughts, but most importantly, to influence. As I have said in my first post, writing is such a powerful tool, it can change history in just one snap.

For all those who are given the talent in writing, or think that thru sharpening their skill it may be enhanced, take care of that prowess. Write not only for yourself, but also for the goodwill of others. Bring happiness when people are woebegone, hope when people are down, and drive when they lack the initiative to act. Defy mediocrity; be a medium of change.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They say that writers write not to impress, but to express.
I say that writers write not only to impress, but to express... and beyond.

4 comments:

  1. You say that writers write not only to impress, but to express... and beyond.

    I say that you hit the nail on the center of its head. 8D

    >:D<

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have to rationalize things before imposing them on ourselves. If achieving because you need to is the status quo, you may opt to carve your own path based on your personal reasons and not the same as others.

    Wala lang, kunwari rational kasi kailangan nito sa PolSci. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ciel, all I can say is that you always hit my heart and soul with your write-ups. You never failed to impress me with your works. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charlie, I have sought for meaning in what I did a long time ago. I am happy I didn't fail in my search for an answer.

    Walang masama sa pagiging rational. :)) Actually, masaya maging rational. Feeling ko, ang bait-bait ko dahil dun.

    ReplyDelete